Thursday, March 5, 2009
Super Mom!
In my quest to become a super mom, there are a few things I have implemented in the lives of my children recently. I bring a bag when we pick up T from preschool and we pick up all the garbage along the way! Believe it or not, doing this just twice a week, we usually fill our grocery bag. Since we started, the boys notice every peice of garbage everywhere we go. Therefore, we have to take a bag everywhere! Luckily, most of it is recyclable (except for the condom Cam found in front of our house, luckily I saw him see it and I quickly grabbed him before he touched it. Ew.) so I can also teach them about this process and why it is important. #2, I have been preparing them to go through their old toys and clothes to donate them to children who need them. Does anyone know of a place in the Salt Lake area where I can physically take the boys to give to the people who need them rather than just drop them in a bin? It's really important to me that they know where their stuff is going and who it is going to help. Anyway, I am determined to be a fun super mom like my friend Brandy. Anyone who needs some helpful hints on becoming this mom, check out her blog here. She is an amazing mom and my #1 role model on my quest to super mom-ness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Ughhhhhhhhh the condom thing grosses me out!!
I'm not sure where to donate clothes and toys to up there, but save any cans or glass that you pick up on the side of the road! Take it to a recycling place and whatever money it makes, you can pick a few local charities and let them decide where the money goes. Then you're cleaning up AND giving, plus it's fun for them to have a say in who gets the cash.
You are such a good mom!! Love it!!! Agreed, the condom thing is so nasty.... Ewwww.......
I love how you teach your boys!! I will have to keep all these pointers from you when I have my little ones!
There is a place in Midvale that is for parents to take their children when they get "upset" or feel like they might abuse their children. There are kids there all the time, and alot of the kids there are homeless, abused, or in and out of foster homes. They take donations all the time, and will pretty much take anything as long as its clean. I'm not exactly sure what the name of it is and what the exact addressis(I tried googling, but couldn't find it), but its across the street from the old Leatherby's on 7800 S. in Midvale. It looks like a house.
You are such a great mom!! I think its great you are teaching them at such an early age to be giving and charitable, and thankful for what we have! Thankyou for sharing this!
Hi Amanda!
I ran across your blog through Rhonda's. Can I just say, that when I was reading this post, it made me want to become a better Mom. I too want to be that super fun Mom. Thanks for sharing this!
Lisa Robbins
Amanda, you are so awesome. You are seriously such a great example to me! You are always trying to improve yourself and your family's life. And that is what this journey is all about, making ourselves better and better so we can learn and grow. I want to be just like you Amanda!
And holy cow, you know Brandy too? I just moved into her ward before she had the baby. And Ashley was telling me about her blog. I think this is a sign that I need to start following her blog!
Hubby told me, that any mom who thinks she is NOT super, well she is the mom who probably IS!
Girl, I think you are a super mom!!
P.S I might copy your garbage idea :)
Post a Comment