Sunday, February 1, 2009

Results and Roses!



Results and Roses
by Edgar A. Guest

The man who wants a garden fair,
Or small or very big,
With flowers growing here and there,
Must bend his back and dig.

The things are mighty few on earth
That wishes can attain.
Whate'er we want of any worth
We've got to work to gain.

It matters not what goal you seek
Its secret here reposes:
You've got to dig from week to week
To get Results or Roses.

I've got great news! Patience pays off! I've stayed with it, though I've been tremendously frustrated, and I'm finally seeing results. As I've mentioned before, I have been feeling great, but it's very gratifying to finally see it. This week I lost 2 lbs, 1/2" off my chest (I have mixed emotions...), a full inch off my waist, and a full inch from my hips. Yay! My chubby girl clothes are getting baggy, too. I'm still very apprehensive to put on my old jeans, but hopefully I'll work up the courage soon. I know it may seem really petty, but I would be absolutely devastated if they didn't fit. Those of you who have known me since then know that it may be a blow I potentially won't cope with well, and I'd really rather not risk that again. I'll just wait until my current jeans won't stay on my body anymore! I'm happy with the way I am going about it this time. It hasn't been in any form of destructive behavior this time around. I am a 100% construction zone these days! I just need to keep reminding myself that it isn't about being the skinniest or the prettiest or really comparing myself to anyone else at all. It's about being comfortable and really feeling magnificent in my own skin. That is the only thing that should ever matter when it comes to body image. If I ever have a daughter, I hope that she never has to go through what I went through in my teens and really early 20s. It utterly destroyed any semblance of self confidence I ever had, and it has been an uphill battle ever since. I need to be the example to my children, of both good and bad habits, and show them how much better actually going about life in a really healthy, wholesome way is the best way to feel amazing. And right now, I totally do!

3 comments:

Tyler & Ashley said...

Keep it up... Don't get dicouraged!!! Love ya and I know that you will reach you goal!

Cami said...

Yay Amanda! I'm so happy for you, I'm so glad that you are feeling much better in your own skin. I love the way you put it... "It's about being comfortable and really feeling magnificent in my own skin." You are such an example to me! Keep up the great work!!

Rhonda said...

YAY!! Congrats on the results. And believe me... I wish you could see yourself the way everyone else sees you... But you're absolutely right. It's not about that! It's about feeling comfortable in your own skin. I only made it 10 days into the 30 day shred and I quit... *sigh* maybe I'll start up again. :)

P.S.- I had a Pretzelmaker pretzel today and it pretty much melted in my mouth. I miss being able to chow down on that crap all the time!