Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Tender Heart Boys

So I had a strange realization today. I've said for years and years that I am a crazy person. I am easily stressed out and I have absolutely zero coping skills. This offering-on-my-dream-home thing has shut me down, to say the least. Anyway, in saying our family prayers (without Daniel) tonight, I got emotional, as I easily do in these stressful situations. When we were finished, my perfectly behaved boys (for once) both just looked at me... Cameron with such a look of concern, it could break the devil's heart, and Tyler got up off his knees and rushed over to me. He just held me and said, "I'm so sorry, mommy. I'm just here. Sshhh." I was absolutely sobbing in my three year old's loving embrace. They are so in tune with my emotions and with the spirit, they know exactly how to help me snap out of my "crazy moments." I feel horrible that my toddlers feel the need to take care of me, but grateful that they are so kind and loving. It was odd to think that someday they might be going through these same emotions when they buy their first home, or in deciding where to go to college, or whatever may stress them out in their own futures. I hope that this love and concern they have for others will never be something they lose track of.

No comments: